Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend off....almost a weekend over

It rained all weekend, so every time I left the car I got all wet, but I don't really care! All that matters is I got to hang out with family and see my best friend all in one glorious weekend.

Despite not working all weekend I still text my job and did "homework" for it. I really never leave it...if physically I am not there, I know every little thing about what is going on there. Even on my other day off this week I will be in class learning more about the tiny aspects of my job - and getting my annual review. However, what makes me different in my job than most is I really don't care. In fact, it makes me happy to do things for the job when I can because I love my work. I am a rare breed, especially in retail, but as the week goes on and I get more and more rejection letters and e-mails from agents about my book - even though I know one day it WILL get published- I remain happy, genuinely happy with the day to day life I live.

Who else can really say that?

Not many people - and I went a little while away from retail, and I am happiest now that I am with it. I felt different when I was working other places, and not in the best way. My job is a blessing, and that may be hard for people to believe, but it makes it so people like working with me (for the most part) and my day flies by and I fall asleep happy.

Suffice to say I have not given up on my book yet. I gotta send more queries and get my name out there more. People are probably sitting at their desk wondering why they should publish or agent a brand new, never heard of, author.

I ask in return, Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment