Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Lost" in old memories

I got to see my friends Christina and Lance today. They came to visit me! We went to Ferncliff forest to go on a hike. Christina and I have known each other since we were in college and lived together for the last year. All our talk of memories and now made me realize how much I love my life. It was totally worth getting lost and having to walk on the street for a while until we knew where we were.

I love living in wooded areas for the natural scenery. Yes, the "energy" in cities is unbelievable, but something not human made the world we walk on, and when I can actually take a few moments to stop and look at the world around me I remember why I write - to describe that world.

Perhaps tonight a poem will find it's way in my pen, or I'll sleep easy and smile at the wonderful day I had. I got to take the dog for several walks in the sun and walk in the woods with friends. I'll replay this memory ten times over every day if I have to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment