Friday, July 10, 2009

Morning

I am definitly a morning person. I meant to sleep in today since I do not need to be at work until noon, but 8AM rolled around and I woke up! I was actually happy to see that once again I woke up to no rain in New York, and there was nothing but sun and massive amounts of cars speeding past my house in the morning. I like when I can enjoy the weather like this...it's so easy to appreciate! However, the other day I was looking through my poems and realized once again why I don't usually mind the rain:

The Rain Isn’t All That Bad
Raindrops,
Stain my window,
I stay inside to watch them fall.



The lilies bloom to womanhood;
You caress the petals of my cheek.

Emerald paints oak branches
While maple trees grow their hands.

The clouds slowly scatter
While the sky stands naked

And dries the grass
We walk over hand in hand.

You stand at the doorstep
Holding fresh daisies behind your back

Offering picnic rendezvous’ under apple trees
Where we can digest the blossoms

And laugh. What devils we are,
Murdering plants for survival.

We never thank the rain in grace
For keeping us alive.

And we never ask the stormy nights
To lock us in the house,

And eat popcorn at the fireplace,
Only to fall asleep on the couch.

Raindrops,
Stain my window,
I stay inside to watch them fall.


(c)Kimberlee LaClair

No comments:

Post a Comment